http://www.bloggersentral.com/2012/11/pinterest-pin-it-button-on-image-hover.html

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Upcycled Clothing for Women and Girls

Good morning everyone!  It's been a very long time since I've posted anything!  I don't do much mixed media art in the spring or summer because I go to my daughter's home,  down south,  and spend time with her family.  It is so difficult having your children and grandchildren spread all across the US. But, I am so fortunate that I am retired and I have the means to visit see them.

Another reason for my lack of artwork is that I recycled clothing and do a lot of vending at art shows in the summer.   I applied to 7 of them this year! What was I thinking? LOL!  So I have been searching resale shops, garage sales and Good Will for clothing and sewing my little fingers off! I was approached at a show last year, by a woman, in charge of a local 3 day music festival, who asked me to apply to the show. So, I thought I would give it a shot.  If nothing else, It should be a fun time for sure.

 I spent Memorial Day working on custom orders.  I made a mini wrap skirt for one of my favorite people, a Jim Morrison skirt for another favorite customer and a straight skirt for a friend who just could not part with some very much loved tshirts!

I created a new blog for my recycled clothing called "The Upcycled Closet     The Upcycled Closet

 I also open an Etsy shop a few weeks ago! 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/Theupcycledcloset?ref=hdr_shop_menu

So, if you have some time and would like to see some of my other "artwork"  take a look at my new blog or my Etsy shop!








1 comment :

Deborah Devine said...

You have a lovely sense of color. I enjoyed seeing your recycled clothing.
Deborah @ Sew Much To Give